Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fotanian 2008

Starting from 2003, artists working in Fotan studios had a joint open house activity every year. From a visitor to a participant, I love the loose but creative atmosphere of the area.
In the last few weeks, folks were crazily busy preparing for the exhibitions. I had my work framed on stretcher this afternoon. It was the first time I used the electric saw, built a stretcher from scrap wood, and finished the framing in an afternoon. Things happened so naturally. Partners of studio kept chatting and exchanging recent news about each other. I simply enjoyed meeting people around, like staff of the sponsoring body, and the staff of the design house I visited few nights before. By the moment I left the studio for home before midnight, I still found familiar faces heading to their studios on my way home. All people are of sparkling eyes and eager for the Fotanian 2008. Though there were disputes in the preparation works of this Fotanian 2008, who cares? Most of us are more concerned for a good show and lots of responses from viewers of our works! Will you join this show?
Fotanian 2008
Date: 12/1, 13/1, 19/1, 20/1
Time: 14.00 - 20.00

Our studio:
1315 Playground
1315, Block B, Wah Luen Ind. Bldg., Wong Chuk Yeung St., Fotan

No comments: