Sunday, September 02, 2007

Do it by improvisation

28 August 2007 - A day without planning

09.30

My mobile phone was overhelmed by a lad early in the morning. We promised to go to Macau to watch the muscial "Cats" in 28 December 2007 and the tickets were in such a great demand that no more left after the first day of sale on 27/8. He went to the ticket office at 8.00 a.m. in order to confirm the two tickets of us and I had to pay it by credit card. Yup, he is just a secondary three student. So, I hurried to the ticket office in Sham Shui Po at 9.30 a.m. and then signed my name and that's it.

10.00
Lok Yan School

Feeling a little bit stupid, and thinking about what could be done in this district. I went straight to Lok Yan School near Caritas Hospital, to retrieve my work once shown in late July. It is a special school for children who are frequent patients of hospital. Its campus is small but very warm, full of colourful posters and flowers.



I did not have very good preparation for this exhibition jointly organised by the school and HKUVA. I just sent an old work to it. Here is it just before I sent it back to my studio.



11.00

My studio, long time no see



18.30
"To be, or..." The Graduation Show of RMIT/HK Art School


It's been years of not joining openings of exhibitions. "To see and to be seen", but it's interesting to join one or two occasionally, may be I shifted my point of view on this kind of social gatherings. I met a few acquaintances and one of them tried verifying if she met me through SMS after the opening!

Well, it's good to view artworks in a relaxed way, better not after work and in a lighthearted mood.







19.50
"Another mountain man"/Stanley Wong's latest work
After working on tarpauline for years, Stanley showed his talents in photography again. This time, he switched his focus to Shanghai, another metropolitan of China.



No comments: