Sunday, August 17, 2008

A visit to the JCCAC

Do you know a place in Shek Kip Mei known as Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre? It locates in Shek Kip Mei old industrial buildings, and it just takes few minutes walk from Shek Kip Mei MTR station.



Drop in this centre after knowing numbers of local artists moved and moving in in the past few months. Longing to see what's going on in it but got no reason to go until receiving the invitation from one of the artists working in 8/F of the centre. Though I missed the opening cocktail on 16 Aug 08 evening, I paid a visit in the centre on the next day.


It's an interesting place, with kind of special feeling especially because of its close location to the place I lived in my childhood and my secondary school.

The above three are works made by a newly-met friend, Kiwi Liu Ka Yee. Miss Fat! She is currently a hardworking art student and works in the studio on Unit13, 8/F of the centre.
Btw, JCCAC is going to have the grand opening on 26 Sep 08 (Friday) and I am planning to conduct a tour to this centre on 27 Sep 2008 (Sat). Interested party, please let me know! :)

No comments: