Monday, December 29, 2008

Fotanian 2009


This is the 6th time for the "organized" open house activities for the artists working in studios in the area of Fotan.


I can't say it's a long time but it really took a lot of hard work from voluntary artists in the first two years. Those who contributed voluntarily were just one or two among the artists in Fotan, but surely they got to face a lot of pressure from themselves on their creative lives and the co-ordination of the progress of the exhibition.

From a visitor few years ago to one of the artists currently working in Fotan, I am feeling the shifting of the positioning of "Fotanians". It's not about good or bad, but acquaintances say "Fotanians" is becoming commercialized (due to sponsorship from Sino? Perhaps.) And now I find it interesting that the exhibition is actually "organized"/"curated" by a group known as PEP, which is merely a personal link to people in Fotan. Well, that's not bad, if the show is good, they take the praise, if the show is bad, they are to be blamed, and no longer the voluntary artists in Fotan. Who knows?

Any way, I sincerely invite you to mark 10/1, 11/1, 17/1 and 18/1 on your schedule, spare your time visiting this interesting place, look at the works, meet the people, and share your views on art and life.

Take your time! Do drop in to my studio "917 Playground". If you meet me, I may serve you a cup of expresso.

My works will be exhibited at B917, Wah Luen Industrial Building, Wong Chuk Yeung Street, Fotan, N.T.

See you there!

No comments: